20 - cisfemale - ♐-------------------------------->
Hey y'all. The name's Carlie and welcome to my blog.
The situation here is that I mostly reblog a lot of misc things, most of which are fandom stuff. Not really much else besides me messing with my friends and the occasional personal cosplay pic since that is indeed a thing that I kinda do.
yeaaah this whole thing is a mess.
Homestuck - Mass Effect - Tales series - Kingdom Hearts - Dragon Age - Final Fantasy - Legend of Zelda - Pokemon - Doctor Who - Roosterteeth - Fallout - Elder Scrolls - Persona - The World Ends With You - Gurren Lagann - Attack on Titan - Anime in General
...I think that covers my bases.
ALRIGHT NOTHING ELSE
TO SEE HERE FOLKS
YOU MAY KINDLY MOVE ALONG
HOLY CRAP EVERY TIME I WATCH KILL LA KILL I’M JUST LIKE “WHAT THE HECK THAT WAS SO INTENSE”
AND THEN EVERY WEEK I WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE AND IT’S EVEN MORE INTENSE THAN THE LAST ONE HOW DO THEY DO THAT
I’M GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK DURING THE FINAL EPISODE IF IT KEEPS GOING LIKE THIS I SWEAR
Lupita Nyong’o wins an Oscar for portraying a real life slave, and the first thing she did was thank Patsy for her inspiration.
Jared Leto wins an Oscar for portraying a trans woman, and doesn’t mention trans women at all.
I think the point makes itself.
- Thinks that OCD is “cool” and “quirky” (Meanwhile, she is being proclaimed some sort of hero of mental health for her work in Silver Linings Playbook. She is not my hero)
- Talks about how her female cat has such a masculine energy that she decided to rename it Chaz Bono: “I’ve never met a cat where you assume first that it’s a boy. Because normally dogs are boys and cats are girls. But she has such a masculine energy that everybody always says ‘he’ and for the first week I thought it was a boy. I named her Oliver, she had a collar with Oliver. And like “boy, boy, boy.” And everyone’s like, “what’s his name?” And that’s just weird for a cat. So we call her Chaz Bono.”
- Describes her character Katniss Everdeen as “strong, like a male hero with a vagina” (because she thinks female heros can’t be strong, or that men can’t have vaginas)
- "In Hollywood, I’m obese. I’m considered a fat actress. I eat like a caveman. I’ll be the only actress who doesn’t have anorexia rumors”
- Responded to backlash against her being cast in the Hunger Games due to whitewashing by saying “ ”The cool thing about Katniss is that every fan has such a personal relationship with her, and they understand and know her in a singular way. I’m a massive fan too, so I get it.”” and not actually addressing the whitewashing
- She made fun of Quvenzhané Wallis’s name
- Cultural appropriation with fake dreds
- This isn’t strictly her fault, but remember when she give a photographer the finger at the Oscars, and everyone thought it was cute and edgy and quirky and hilarious? But when MIA did it at the Super Bowl, people said it was "obscene", "completely inappropriate and "very disappointing". It’s no coincidence that people thought it was cute when a white woman did it, but disgusting when a WOC did it. It’s just racism.
- On being a tomboy as a kid: "I was so d**e-y."
- That time she rubbed her butt all over a sacred rock formation in Hawaii because who cares about respecting Native cultures when you have an itch?
- When told that her X-Men character Mystique was originally written as bisexual “No! That’s the first time I’ve heard that. She has kids, she has night crawlers, and she sleeps with Magneto! Unless I’m completely wrong, I mean, she is 100 years old, she definitely had time for a lesbian phase.” You know, because bisexual women don’t ever sleep with men or have children. Also, bisexuality is not a ‘lesbian phase’. It’s a legitimate sexuality.
- "I’m excited to be seen as sexy - but not slutty."
- “Don’t worry about the bitches — that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life”
- “I’m just so sick of these young girls with diets. I remember when I was 13 and it was cool to pretend to have an eating disorder because there were rumors that Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie were anorexic. I thought it was crazy. I went home and told my mom, ‘Nobody’s eating bread - I just had to finish everyone’s burgers.’”
- “I knew that if I was going to be naked in front of the world, I wanted to look like a woman and not a prepubescent 13-year-old boy”
- Quote from her SNL episode “I might dump my boyfriend because I’m thinking about being bi. Everyone in New York is bi because they’re in such a rush. They’re like ‘I’m a hurry, let’s do this. Whatever. I actually heard someone say that in New York once. I’ve been there two or three times”
- “I just wrote an e-mail to my managers that said ‘no more white trash with too much responsibility’ roles for awhile”
- “Before I get the script I ask, “Does she like the forest? Does she have younger siblings? White trash?”
- In an interview with Zach Galifianakis, she asked, “Isn’t [the hunger games] your life story?” to allude to the fact that he is fat. (This was scripted by Galifianakis himself)
- When asked about her childhood “[It] was scary, sweary and loud, where everyone has a bit of a drinking problem and everyone screams at each other, but it was real fun.”
- “Oh, I can’t stand shy people. Like, make it up already. Ask about the weather, don’t stare at your plate and make me feel like I’m making you uncomfortable!”
- Gets massive media support for claiming it should be “illegal to call someone fat on TV" but actually says "I finally get to make out with Christian Bale and he’s a really fat guy, He’s Fatman, not Batman.”